
I really liked the second day of the trip because there were some gorgeous rolling hills covered in long grass blowing in the wind that reminded me of the Shire. It was also really fun to see ERH get a turtle out of the road because the turtle started running to get away: MGH really liked it because we visited ancestor's graves and found something special in Valentine, but I'll let MGH tell you about that. From,
CMH
CMH
Valentine was great. We found my and CMH third-great grandparents tombstones, Charles Betts and Elizabeth Maxwell. (That would make it GJH's second-great grandparents) Then we stopped at the historical society museum and much to our surprise there was a photograph of Charles from the 1880's. A very pleasant surprise. Valentine, Nebraska is a charming little town of less than 3,000.
MGH


1 comment:
I'm glad the ERH rescued the turtle.
Post a Comment