For the last day of 2008 we "went" to Tibet. That consisted of having lunch at the Cafe Shambala. It was voted the best of the Beehive in 2006. I taught a student from Tibet whose family owns and runs the cafe. They serve a lunch buffet of rice, noodles, chicken, lentil soup, sweet and sour tofu, vegtable and beef mo-mo's (a kind of dumpling) and rice pudding. The owner fills your water glasses and is very gracious. GJH
Ody at the car wash
ERH and GJH
All Tibetan males are given the first name of the Dalai Lama
(which is Tenzin)
Ody getting ready to take us home from Tibet
2 comments:
Where is this café located? I'm interesting in going when we're in Utah this summer. There used to be a great Tibetan restaurant/café in the Avenues, but I don't know if it still exists. Mmmm...mo-mos!
The cafe is located on about 4th East and 4th Avenue. It very well may be the one you remember.
Thanks for leaving a comment!
Post a Comment